Sunday, January 27, 2019

Called Meetings

Spending Set-Aside Time With God:

     Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my sighing. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.
     In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
     You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil; with you the wicked cannot dwell.
     The arrogant cannot stand in your presence; you hate all who do wrong. You destroy those who tell lies; bloodthirsty and deceitful men the Lord abhors. But I, by your great mercy, will come into your house; in reverence will I bow down toward your holy temple.
     Lead me, O Lord, in your righteousness because of my enemies--make me straight your way before me.
     Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; their heart is filled with destruction. Their throat is an open grave; with their tongue they speak deceit....
     But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
     For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield.

Scripture: Psalm 5-1:9, 11-12

Defining Moments:

     Don't expect your quiet time to come along quietly, because you can usually tell how important something is to your Christian walk by watching how hard Satan works to prevent you from doing it.
     Yet if there's one thing you need as a growing believer, it's the early-established, hard-fought discipline of starting each day with your head in the clouds.... The clouds of God's presence.
     Jesus did. The Bible says that He " often withdrew to lonely places and prayed" Luke 5:16. " Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place" ( Mark 1:35). Not that your time alone with God has to be in the morning, but most of us have learned that leaving quiet time off till bedtime usually results in leaving it off all together, or at least changes it from a season of refreshed commitments and confident resolve into a weepy, discouraging rehash of the messes you've made that day.
     You'll make time for what matters. And this matters the most.

Next Up:

     Hope you're ready to carve out a spot in your day that's earmarked for just you and God to enjoy together. But what are you supposed to fill up a quiet time with?

The moment you spend with no one else but God build the best foundation to a Christian's day.

     " If you meet the Lord before you meet anyone else, you'll be pointed in the right direction for whatever comes."
     -Elizabeth Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment