Thursday, March 12, 2020

Hope is our strategy

my favorite football team has lost eight consecutive games as I write this. With each loss is harder to hope this season can be redeemed for them. The coach has made changes weekly but they haven't resulted in wins. Talking with my co-workers I've joked that merely wanting a different outcome can't guarantee it. Hope is not a strategy I've quit that's true in football but in our spiritual lives it's just the opposite. Not only is cultivating hope and got a strategy but clinging to him in faith and trust is the only strategy. This world often disappoints us but hope can anchor us in God's truth and power during the turbulent times. Micah understood this reality. He was heartbroken by how is real head turned away from God what misery is mine! The faithful have been swept from the land. not one upright person remains. But then he refocus on his true hope. But as for me I watch and hope for the Lord I wait for God my savior my God will hear me. What does it take to maintain hope in harsh times? My cat shows us. Watching. Waiting. Praying. Remembering. God hears our cries even when our circumstances are overwhelming. And these moments cleaning to an acting in response to our Hope in God is our strategy the only strategy that will help us whether life storms. Bother you if you promise to be an anchor for our hearts when circumstances look discouraging. Help us call out to you and Faith and Hope believing that you hear our hearts cries. What does it take to maintain hope in her style is? Watching. Waiting. Praying. Remembering.

No comments:

Post a Comment