Tuesday, February 23, 2016

A Better View

As a child, I loved to climb trees. The higher I climbed, the more I could see. Occasionally, in search of a better view, I might inch out a long a branch until I felt it bend under my weight. Not surprisingly, my tree- climbing days are over. I suppose it isn't safe-or dignified.
    Zacchaeus, a wealthy man, set aside his dignity ( and perhaps ignored his safety) when he climbed a tree one day in Jericho. Jesus was traveling through the city, and Zacchaeus wanted to get a better look at Him. However, " because he was short he could not see over the crowd" ( LUKE 19:3). Fortunately, those things did not stop him from seeing and even talking with Christ. Zacchaeus's plan worked! And when he met Jesus, his life changed forever. " Salvation has come to this house, " Jesus, said.
    We too can be prevented from seeing Jesus. Pride can blind US from seeing Him as the wonderful Councelor. Anxiety keeps us from knowing Him as the Prince of Peace ( ISA. 9:6). Hunger for status and stuff can prevent us from seeing Him as the true source of satisfaction- the Bread of Life ( JOHN 6:48).
    What are you willing to do to get a better view of Jesus? Any sincere effort to get closer to Him will have a good result. God rewards people who earnestly seek Him ( HEB. 11:6).
    Thank You Jesus for all that You are. Show me more of Yourself as I read the Bible and pray. Help me to pursue You with all my heart and mind.
    To strengthen your faith in God, seek the face of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment